Titebond II Dark Wood Glue - 16 Oz
Titebond II Dark Wood Glue is a dyed-version of Titebond II Wood Glue. It provides a strong initial tack and fast speed of set to reduce clamp time. It also develops a bond stronger than the wood itself, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. Titebond Dark can help any woodworker achieve professional-looking results. It is ideal for wood, hardboard, particleboard, leather, cloth, and most other porous materials. Titebond Dark is easy to use, non-toxic and cleans up with water.
- Passes ANSI Type II water-resistance
- Designed for interior and exterior applications
- Excellent sandability
- Unaffected by finishes
- Ideal for radio frequency (R-F) gluing systems
- Easy cleanup with water
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Cross-linking polyvinyl acetate
- State: Liquid
- Color: Light brown
- Dried film: Brown
- Solids: 48%
- Viscosity: 4,000 cps
- pH: 3.0
- Calculated VOC: 5.5 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.1 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 55°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 24 months in tightly closed containers below 75°F
- Application Temperature: Above 55 °F
- Open assembly time: 5 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 10 to 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
|Room Temperature||3,600 psi||77%|
|150°F. Overnight||1,600 psi||10%|
- Titebond II Dark Wood Glue is not for continuous submersion or for use below the waterline. Not for structural or load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 55°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. Agitation should restore product to original form. Because of variances in the surfaces of treated lumber, it is a good idea to test for adhesion. For best results gluing exotic or oily woods, such as Ipe and Teak, please contact the Titebond Technical Support Team at 1-800-347-4583. Not FDA approved for indirect food contact. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that ship times are estimates only and are not guarantees.