Titebond II Extend Wood Glue combines weatherproof performance (ANSI Type II water-resistance) with a slower speed of set. It is ideal for exterior applications that involve more complex assemblies. It also provides a translucent glue line, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. Titebond II Extend offers superior performance on all common wood species, particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials. In addition, it is compatible for use with Hot Press and radio frequency (R-F) gluing systems.
- Passes Type II water-resistance testing
- Slower speed of set - Longer open time
- Hot press and R-F compatible
- Heat and solvent-resistant
- Excellent sandability
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Cross-linking PVA
- State: Liquid
- Color: Off White
- Dried film: Cream
- Solids: 49%
- Viscosity: 3,500 cps
- pH: 3.0
- Calculated VOC: 3.8 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.3 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 60°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 12 months in tightly closed containers below 70°F
- Application Temperature: Above 60 °F
- Open assembly time: 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 20 to 25 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 30-80 psi for High Pressure Laminate, 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
Temperature Strength Wood Failure Room Temperature 3,844 psi 48% 150°F. Overnight 1,820 psi 6%
- Titebond II Extend Wood Glue is not for continuous submersion or for use below the waterline. Not for structural or load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 60°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. If product appears to have settled, stir to ensure uniformity. Because of variances in the surface of treated lumber, it is a good idea to test for adhesion. For best results gluing exotic or oily woods, such as Ipe and Teak, please contact Titebond Technical Support Team at 1-800-347-4583. Note: Stir before use to ensure uniformity. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
- Shipping Details
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- This item can only be shipped via LTL Freight. By default Wood Stock Supply sends all freight shipments to the nearest carrier dock for customer pick up. If you would like to make special arrangements such as time critical deilvery, residential delivery, or delivery to your business please note so in the comments field when placing your order (be advised that additional fees may apply).
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that the "Normally ships by" date given above is an estimate only and not a guarantee.
- Have a Question?
If you have any additional questions about this product please feel free to ask us by filling out the form below or give us a call toll free at 1-877-621-6900. We would be happy to help! Our normal business hours are Mon - Fri 8:00AM to 5:30PM MNT.