Titebond Liquid Hide Glue is the first hide glue to be offered in a liquid, ready-to-use form. It requires no mixing, heating, or stirring. Professional woodworkers use Titebond Liquid Hide for its long assembly time, exceptional strength, and unique crackling effect on wood. Titebond Liquid Hide provides superior creep-resistance, offers excellent sandability, and is unaffected by finishes. Its sensitivity to moisture allows for easy disassembly of parts, a critical benefit in antique restoration or the repair of musical instruments.
- Ready-to-use form
- Ideal for fine furniture repair
- Excellent sandability
- Excellent creep-resistance
- Can be used to create a "crackling effect" on wood
- Slow set allows precise assembly
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Natural protein emulsion
- State: Liquid
- Color: Amber
- Dried film: Translucent
- Solids: 52%
- Viscosity: 4,000 cps
- pH: 6.5
- Calculated VOC: 0 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.6 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: N/A
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 12 months in tightly closed containers below 75°F
- Application Temperature: Above 50 °F
- Open assembly time: 10 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 20 to 30 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Can be applied by roller or dip spreader, pressurized oil cans, plastic applicators, brush or stick.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
Temperature Strength Wood Failure Room Temperature 3,591 psi 72% 150°F. Overnight 3,207 psi 59%
- Titebond Liquid Hide Glue is not intended for exterior use or where moisture is likely. Not for structural or load bearing applications. For exterior applications use Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue or Titebond II Premium Wood Glue. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. Agitation should restore product to original form. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
- Shipping Details
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that the "Normally ships by" date given above is an estimate only and not a guarantee.
- Have a Question?
If you have any additional questions about this product please feel free to ask us by filling out the form below or give us a call toll free at 1-877-621-6900. We would be happy to help! Our normal business hours are Mon - Fri 8:00AM to 5:30PM MNT.