Titebond Quick & Thick Wood Glue - 8 Oz
Titebond Quick & Thick Multi-Surface Glue is the thickest, fastest-drying water-based glue available for use with porous and semi-porous materials. It is ideal for wood, pottery, ceramic, stone, glass, fabrics, leather and most craft-type materials. Titebond Quick & Thick develops a bond stronger than wood itself, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. It is compatible with all common species of wood, as well as particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials.
- 2X Faster - 3X Thicker than traditional PVA glues
- Dries clear, and Paintable
- Water cleanup & non-toxic
- Ideal for the woodshop, home and craft projects
- Fill small cracks and gaps
- Unaffected by finishes
- Excellent sandability on wood
- Designed for interior projects
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Thixotropic Polyvinyl Acetate
- State: High-Viscosity Liquid
- Color: White
- Dried film: Clear
- Solids: 60%
- Viscosity: 36,500 cps
- pH: 4.8
- Calculated VOC: 2.4 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.0 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 50°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable up to 2 cycles
- Storage life: 24 months in tightly closed containers at 75°F
- Application Temperature: Above 50 °F
- Open assembly time: 3 to 5 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 10 to 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller, spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
|Room Temperature||3,000 psi||7%|
|150°F. Overnight||650 psi||0%|
- Titebond Quick & Thick Wood Glue is not intended for exterior use or where moisture is likely. For exterior applications use Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue or Titebond II Extend. Not for structural of load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 50°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. Shake to restore to original form. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that ship times are estimates only and are not guarantees.