Titebond Original Wood Glue is the industry standard for woodworking. It provides a strong initial tack and fast speed of set to reduce clamp time. It also develops a bond stronger than the wood itself offering excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. Titebond Original will help any woodworker to achieve professional-looking results. It is ideal for wood, hardboard, particleboard, leather, cloth, and most other porous materials. Titebond Original is easy to use, non-toxic and cleans up with water.
- Fast set - Shortens clamp time
- Bonds stronger than wood
- Excellent heat and solvent-resistance
- Excellent sandability
- Unaffected by finishes
- Versatile - Bonds wood, hardboard, high pressure laminates and particleboard
- Easy cleanup with water
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Aliphatic resin emulsion
- State: Liquid
- Color: Yellow
- Dried film: Translucent
- Solids: 46%
- Viscosity: 3,200 cps
- pH: 4.0
- Calculated VOC: 10.7 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.2 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 50°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 24 months in tightly closed containers below 75°F
*Chalk temperature indicates the lowest recommended temperature at which the glue, air and materials can be during application, to assure a good bond.
- Application Temperature: Above 50 °F
- Open assembly time: 4 to 6 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 10 to 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
- Titebond Original Wood Glue is not intended for exterior use or where moisture is likely. For exterior applications use Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue or Titebond II Premium Wood Glue. Not for structural or load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 50°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. Agitation should restore product to original form. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.