Titebond Polyurethane Glue is a breakthrough in adhesive technology. It is the only polyurethane glue to combine a long 30-minute working time with a short 45-minute clamp time. It is a versatile, professional-strength glue specifically formulated for multi-purpose applications. In addition to its superior wood-to-wood performance, Titebond Polyurethane Glue is ideal for metals, ceramics, most plastics, HPL, Corian, stone and other porous/non-porous materials. It is ready-to-use, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes.
- 100% waterproof (Passes ANSI Type I & II water-resistance testing)
- Bonds virtually everything
- Epoxy-like strength - No mixing
- Short clamp & fast cure
- Excellent sandability
- 100% solids
- Solvent free
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Polyurethane
- State: Liquid
- Color: Brown
- Dried film: Yellow
- Solids: 100%
- Viscosity: 8,500 cps
- pH: N/A
- Calculated VOC: 0 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.55 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: N/A
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 12 months in tightly closed containers below 75°F
- Application Temperature: Above 50 °F
- Open assembly time: 25 to 30 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 30-80 psi for HPL, 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Easily spread with a roller, spreader or brush. (Note: This product cures by reaction with moisture. Changes in humidity, temperature and moisture content of the glued surfaces will affect open time and minimum clamp time. Maximum open time can be determined by excessive foam development in the adhesive. Minimum clamp time can be determined when squeeze out of adhesive becomes firm.)
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits while glue is wet. Scrape or sand off dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
Temperature Strength Wood Failure Room Temperature 3,500+ psi 60% 150°F. Overnight 3,000 psi 50%
- Titebond Polyurethane Glue is not for structural applications or for use below the waterline. For ease of application, the glue, temperature and materials to be bonded should be above 50°F. Lower temperatures will cause the glue to thicken.
- Shipping Details
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that the "Normally ships by" date given above is an estimate only and not a guarantee.
- Have a Question?
If you have any additional questions about this product please feel free to ask us by filling out the form below or give us a call toll free at 1-877-621-6900. We would be happy to help! Our normal business hours are Mon - Fri 8:00AM to 5:30PM MNT.