Titebond Extend Wood Glue - 16 Oz
Titebond Extend Wood Glue is a slower setting version of Titebond Original Wood Glue. It offers superior performance in a broad range of applications, including edge and face gluing. It is particularly useful in complex operations such as curved railings and other assemblies that require more time to align. Titebond Extend develops a bond stronger than wood itself, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. It is compatible with all common species of wood, as well as particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials.
- Slower speed of set - Longer working time
- Excellent heat-resistance
- Water cleanup & non-toxic
- Versatile - Bonds wood, particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials
- Ideal for complex assemblies and bent laminations
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Aliphatic Resin
- State: Liquid
- Color: Yellow
- Dried film: Yellow
- Solids: 42%
- Viscosity: 3,500 cps
- pH: 4.8
- Calculated VOC: 3.12 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.7 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 40°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 12 months in tightly closed containers below 70°F
- Application Temperature: Above 40 °F
- Open assembly time: 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 20 to 25 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 30-80 psi for High Pressure Laminate, 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
|Room Temperature||3,510 psi||81%|
|150°F. Overnight||3,120 psi||61%|
- Titebond Extend Wood Glue is not intended for exterior use or where moisture is likely. For exterior applications use Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue or Titebond II Extend. Not for structural of load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 40°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. If product appears to have settled, stir to ensure uniformity. It is recommended that Titebond Extend Wood Glue not be stored for extended periods at temperatures lower than 40°F. Note: Stir before use to ensure uniformity. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that ship times are estimates only and are not guarantees.