Titebond II Extend Wood Glue - Gallon
6 left on hand, additional units may have lead time
Designed with a Slower speed of set for a Longer open time. Hot press and R-F compatible.
Titebond II Extend Wood Glue combines weatherproof performance (ANSI Type II water-resistance) with a slower speed of set. It is ideal for exterior applications that involve more complex assemblies. It also provides a translucent glue line, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. Titebond II Extend offers superior performance on all common wood species, particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials. In addition, it is compatible for use with Hot Press and radio frequency (R-F) gluing systems.
- Passes Type II water-resistance testing
- Slower speed of set - Longer open time
- Hot press and R-F compatible
- Heat and solvent-resistant
- Excellent sandability
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Cross-linking PVA
- State: Liquid
- Color: Off White
- Dried film: Cream
- Solids: 49%
- Viscosity: 3,500 cps
- pH: 3.0
- Calculated VOC: 3.8 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.3 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 60°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 12 months in tightly closed containers below 70°F
- Application Temperature: Above 60 °F
- Open assembly time: 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 20 to 25 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 30-80 psi for High Pressure Laminate, 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
|Room Temperature||3,844 psi||48%|
|150°F. Overnight||1,820 psi||6%|
- Titebond II Extend Wood Glue is not for continuous submersion or for use below the waterline. Not for structural or load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 60°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. If product appears to have settled, stir to ensure uniformity. Because of variances in the surface of treated lumber, it is a good idea to test for adhesion. For best results gluing exotic or oily woods, such as Ipe and Teak, please contact Titebond Technical Support Team at 1-800-347-4583. Note: Stir before use to ensure uniformity. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
|Part #||Size||UPC||Case Qty.|
|4134||16 Oz. Bottles||037083041347||12|
|4137||5 Gallon Bucket||037083041378||1|
|4138||55 Gallon Drum||N/A||1|
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that ship times are estimates only and are not guarantees.
Write Your Own Review