Titebond II Premium Wood Glue is a one-part wood glue that passes the ANSI Type II water-resistance specification, and is ideal for exterior woodworking projects; including outdoor furniture, birdhouses, mailboxes, planters, and picnic tables. Titebond II Premium provides a strong initial tack, fast set speed, superior strength, and excellent sandability. It is FDA approved for indirect food contact (cutting boards), and is ideal for radio frequency (R-F) gluing systems.
- First one-part wood glue to pass ANSI Type II water-resistance
- Designed for exterior use
- Excellent sandability
- Unaffected by finishes
- Ideal for radio frequency (R-F) and hot press gluing systems
- FDA approved for indirect food contact
- Easy cleanup with water
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Cross-linking polyvinyl acetate
- State: Liquid
- Color: Honey cream
- Dried film: Translucent yellow
- Solids: 48%
- Viscosity: 4,000 cps
- pH: 3.0
- Calculated VOC: 5.5 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.1 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 55°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 24 months in tightly closed containers below 75°F
- Application Temperature: Above 55 °F
- Open assembly time: 3 to 5 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 10 to 15 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
Temperature Strength Wood Failure Room Temperature 3,750 psi 72% 150°F. Overnight 1,750 psi 6%
- Titebond II Premium Wood Glue is not for continuous submersion or for use below the waterline. Not for structural or load bearing applications. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 55°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. Agitation should restore product to original form. Because of variances in the surfaces of treated lumber, it is a good idea to test for adhesion. For best results gluing exterior doors or exotic and oily woods, please contact Titebonds Technical Support Team at 1-800-347-4583. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
- Shipping Details
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- This item can only be shipped via LTL Freight. By default Wood Stock Supply sends all freight shipments to the nearest carrier dock for customer pick up. If you would like to make special arrangements such as time critical deilvery, residential delivery, or delivery to your business please note so in the comments field when placing your order (be advised that additional fees may apply).
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that the "Normally ships by" date given above is an estimate only and not a guarantee.
- Have a Question?
If you have any additional questions about this product please feel free to ask us by filling out the form below or give us a call toll free at 1-877-621-6900. We would be happy to help! Our normal business hours are Mon - Fri 8:00AM to 5:30PM MNT.