Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue - 55 Gallon
Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue is the first one-part, water cleanup wood glue ever offered that is proven waterproof. The waterproof formula passes the ANSI/HPVA Type I water-resistance specification and offers superior bond strength, longer open assembly time, and lower application temperature. Titebond III is non-toxic, solvent free, and cleans up with water (safer to use than traditional waterproof wood glues). It provides strong initial tack, sands easily without softening, and is FDA approved for indirect food contact (cutting boards). Ideal for both interior and exterior applications.
- Passes ANSI/HPVA Type I water-resistance
- Waterproof formula that cleans up with water
- Superior strength - Strong initial tack
- Designed for interior and exterior applications
- Longer open assembly time
- Lower application temperature
- Unaffected by finishes
- FDA approved for indirect food contact (Non-toxic)
Physical Properties (Typical)
- Type: Advanced Proprietary Polymer
- State: Liquid
- Color: Tan
- Dried film: Light brown
- Solids: 52%
- Viscosity: 4,200 cps
- pH: 2.5
- Calculated VOC: 5.6 g/L
- Weight/gallon: 9.22 lbs.
- Chalk temperature*: Approx 45°F
- Flash-point: >200°F
- Freeze/thaw stability: Stable
- Storage life: 24 months in tightly closed containers below 75°F
- Application Temperature: Above 47 °F
- Open assembly time: 8 to 10 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Total assembly time: 20 - 25 minutes (70°F. / 50% RH)
- Minimum required spread: 6 mils (typical), or 250 square feet per gallon.
- Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods, and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- Methods of application: Plastic bottles for fine applications; glue may also be spread with a roller spreader, or brush.
- Cleanup: Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
Bonding Strength (ASTM D-905 Test with Hard Maple)
|Room Temperature||4,000 psi||57%|
|150°F. Overnight||800 psi||0%|
- Not for continuous submersion or for use below the waterline. Not for structural or load bearing applications. Use when temperature, glue and materials are above 45°F. Store product below 75°F. Storage above this temperature may cause product to thicken and reduce the usable shelf life. If thickened, shake vigorously by firmly tapping bottle on a hard surface until product is restored to original form. Because of variances in the surfaces of treated lumber, it is a good idea to test for adhesion. For best results gluing exterior doors or exotic and oily woods, please contact Titebonds Technical Support Team at 1-800-347-4583. Read MSDS before use. Keep from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
Typical Ground Transit Time:
- Normal processing time for all orders is one business day unless the item is flagged as a special order or has a noted lead time. Unforeseen events may cause delays (such as closed roads, weather, war, acts of God, etc). Please note that ship times are estimates only and are not guarantees.